Looking for experts

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Yehoo, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Yehoo

Yehoo New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Hi everyone,

First time here. So go easy one me... :D

I've been using a JVC HA-S600 for 3 years now, a good solid headphones for 50€ that I got just to try out how the "On Ear" phones sound. And I wasn't disappointed at all.

Since last year, I got really going with my Guitar playing passion and I wanted some headphones that would allow me to hear every guitar tone and the other instruments played during a song.

I only listen to Rock music (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Stones, Metallica, Guns'n'Roses, AC/DC and others). Someone, when the mood strikes, I listen to some pop (Bruno Mars, Michael Jackson and Adele).

So I'm looking for something that can offer me that, with good materials that can last long enough (knowing that the JVC is 3 years old and still looks new).

Some experience : I've managed to get the Beats by Dre Detox from a friend and gave it a go for 3 days, it was HEAVY and didn't sound good at all. The bass was trashy and the Mids and Highs were pretty bad. So I guess that's not the brand to look for.

Anyway, I heard about the "Focal Spirit One", tested it for a good hour and searched for some reviews and it seems pretty cool for the price. Also, I've found some good reviews on the "Sennheiser Momentum", but it seems to be out of my budget.

My budget is 200€ max.

Thanks for any help !
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    I highly recommend the new Soundmagic HP200. I have it, and I listen to a lot of what you describe. My review doesn't list those tracks, but I have 70 tracks by the Rolling Stones alone, not to mention many others in classic rock, glamrock, disco, punk, even some metal. I described the HP200 generically enough to be readable by the widest range of potential users, but my bottom line is, it's the most enjoyable sound I have now. I also have the Momentum, which is good, but I like the HP200 much better.
  3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    The HP200 is great but will be out of stock in the UK for about a month. The Beyer DT880 has a similar feel.:)