Looking For In-Ear Phone Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by kelvinmunson, Jan 2, 2011.

1. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Hi, I have never really got-on well with in-ear phones.......... whenever I've used them usually they don't seem to fit too well and gradually become quite painful.......... so up until now I have given up on them.

In the next couple of weeks I will be going into hospital and I'd like to be able to use my Creative Zen while in bed. I am looking for comfortable in-ear phones suited to rock and electronic music, but they will also have to provide good isolation.

From what I've read I understand that the sound, particularly bass, response, is very much dependant upon a good fit within the ear (combined with comfort !). If I were to purchase by mail order,without actually trying out various types, I guess this is not going to be easy to determine........ or are ther pads available which are so good that i wouldn't need to worry ?

As far as price is concerned, I am hoping I won't be using these for too long.......... so I would be looking towards the lower end, if possibe.......... I'd be grateful if you could make any suggestions ?

2. Trunkz

Trunkz New Member

The soundmagic range is raved about by the staff in here. The PL30 is pretty much the greatest pair of in-ears you're going to get unless you're wanting to spend double its list price or more (£34.95). It comes with a range of different sized tips to suit your needs, however you can also opt to get the comply tips if the silicon tips arent your thing. There is a noticeable difference in the bass with the comply tips, as they offer a brilliant seal in the ear.

Hope that helps ;)

3. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Hi Trunkz....... thanks for that; I'll check those out

Kelvin

4. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Well, it must be my ears I guess......... I tried several in-ear phones and in all cases didn't seem to fit too well and gradually became quite uncomfortable.

Longest surviving were a pair of Altec Lansing CHP121 which I was given to try, these rested just on the edge of my ear.......... but even these I didn't get on with. Didn't sound that good and they became uncomfortable quite quickly.......... though not as quickly as most others.

So, for "music-on -the-move", I've replaced the damages 3.mm connector, and it's back to the on-the ear Sony MCR-V150........... for the time being.