Looking For Reasonably Priced Bluetooth Headhones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Poddys, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Poddys

Poddys New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I would like to be able to listen to music (or to watch videos/tv) on my laptop using headphones, but without having to sit right close to it because of the cord from the headphones.

It's not something I do that often, but I would listen to music as well while working if I could roam and not have to be cabled in.

A mic might be handy, since I do use Skype, but if I had to choose, I would rather have better sound quality than to limit myself to only a pair with a mic.

Because money is tight and I don't expect to use them that often, I can't justify spending more than £40 on them, less if I can.

I wondered if anyone had any recommendations as to a good model/brand.

Thanks in advance.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Your budget is a bit too low really, although you can get hands free devices for this price they only have one driver (one speaker) and do not have to cope with CD quality audio. Telephone audio is incredibly basic so you can use components that would sound horrible. Basically a stereo Bluetooth headset has to be better quality and contains twice the components - expect to pay twice the price you would for a decent single sided Bluetooth hands free.

These are excellent -

Jaybird SB2 Bluetooth Headphones Midnight Black (JB-SB2)

Obviously they are well over the budget you mentioned but I cannot see something of similar quality coming in at less than £70.