Looking for some new OEH around £50-60

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Hazza88, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hazza88

Hazza88 New Member

I have been using a set of RHA ca-200's which i got for £40 at christmas time which produced a fantastic sound for the money, but sadly these have now broke so im looking to spend a little bit more this time at around £50-60. Struggle to choose a set as there are so many, so any pointers towards the better headphones out of this range would be much appreciated! I listen to all types of music, mostly though electronic id say.

2. TheNameIsJambo

TheNameIsJambo New Member

3. Hazza88

Hazza88 New Member

Yeah ive seen that thread, just really dont like the design of those headphones,

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I use the Sennheiser PX-200ii white edition, which sell in the U.S. for $50 USD. Used with iphone or ipod and "Rock" EQ, they sound like a $200 headphone. Seriously.

5. TheNameIsJambo

I've just bought a pair of the AKG K450. I went against what I was going to get originally (AT ES55/ES7).

They're reduced from £100 down to £46 @ RicherSounds and SuperFi (Licensed retailers?)

I got mine from Amazon via SuperFi, as unfortunately Hifi Headphones don't stock them - Due to the fact they're discontinued. I think the follow-on from them is the K451 (refresh) and the Q460 - Those Quincy Jones ones.. I hate the price-bump branding that companies fold into these days [Dr Dre, ADIDAS, etc].

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Congrats on the K450. That should work really well. That whole fashion thing is crazy, and doesn't necessarily get you the best sound either.

7. TheNameIsJambo

Thanks mate. From what I've heard they're a solid set of cans, and will be my first set of AKGs! :) I've heard that they need some burning in, but I think an overnight session will sort them out.

Yeah, the words, "Beats", "Dr. Dre" and "Monster" are now swear words in my book, and it's sacrilegious when all used in the same sentence.

I can't believe people actually pay those ridiculous prices for those headphones. I've torn people away from them in the past, towards other brands - Audio Technica, Shure, Beyer, Sennheiser, etc. etc. Anything except Monster!

Afterwards, they thanked me for saving their ears from that torture and wallets from being ripped off!