Lost cable for Sony MDR-NC60 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'Cables, Power & Accessories' started by dogtanian78, Mar 24, 2010.

1. dogtanian78

dogtanian78 New Member

Hi Guys

I lost my cable for a pair of used Sony MDR-NC60 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones I acquired.

I've tried other cables I have at home but none fit. This seemed to be a slightly special cable.

Any idea what search criteria I could use to search for, and buy, a replacement cable please?

Here are my headphones:

Sony MDR-NC60 High Quality Noise Cancelling Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Any tips or advice would be really appreciated

Warm regards

Peter

2. dogtanian78

dogtanian78 New Member

I just came across this:

"The connecting cable uses a standard 1/8" stereo connector jack, but Sony turns around and destroys the universal compatibility of its connector (and your ability to conveniently and inexpensively buy a replacement cable at just about any electronics store) by using the same stupid design feature that Apple briefly used on its original iPhone (and which Apple stopped using on its newer 3G iPhone) - it hides the connector at the end of a narrow tunnel, requiring a special connector barrel extension on your cable for the plug to be able to fit.

There is no design or functional reason for this; it seems to be nothing more than Sony attempting to come up with a subtle way of forcing you to spend more on replacement cables should you ever need them. Thanks for nothing, Sony."

On The Sony site I found this: 183378411
    CORD (WITH PLUG)

but not sure if this is the part I need.

Haver trid searching for parts on the Sony site but it doesn't recognise the model number MDR-NC60

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. houmous

houmous New Member

Hi

I have the same problem - did you ever find a replacement lead?

Houmous

4. DalstonBoy

DalstonBoy New Member

Hi All
    I have the same problem and after visiting a Sony Centre and not getting much help, I eventually managed to find the number of the spare parts people:
    0871 2221213

I have ordered one for £22 (ouch!) I will let you know if it is the right one when it arrives. I also just did a search and found this, not sure if it would work but it has small looking ends:

Buy Belkin Audio Cable 3.5mm. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

5. DalstonBoy

DalstonBoy New Member

Cable arrived!

Hi All
    My replacement cable arrived last week. It's exactly the same as the one that came with the headphones, now all you have to do is decide if £20 is worth it for this one piece of wire.

6. hewittmatthew

hewittmatthew New Member

7. zotson

zotson New Member

the startech cable didn't work for me...

Did anybody try to scrape a bit the socket to fit another cable than the native sony?

8. sirtrenty

sirtrenty New Member

may of found it :)

i think i have found an answer for about £4 delivered i have JUST ordered it so WHEN it gets here i will re-post to tell you all if it worked or not :)

ww.studiospares.com/adaptors/mini-jack-stereo-jack-socket-adaptor-/invt/575450/?source=215_74

9. sirtrenty

sirtrenty New Member

just buy this part and shave the big black end just like you would sharpen a pencil i just did it to my one and.............. IT WORKED I CAN HEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha here you go:

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

shave it down so the black body is as wide as the metal base of the jack plug just so that it will fit in the hole on the ear phone :) :) :)

10. anitajkl

anitajkl New Member

Solution found

I've had the same problem but have FINALLY found a solution. Look for headphone jacks for Sony on Google. I payed about £9 for mine. When you have the headphone (depending on which one you buy) you will find that they come off fairly quickly. What you want to do is simply remove the plastic encasing of the jack. Once you have it will fit perfectly and while it is inserted to the headphone just push the plastic encasing back in.

I have attached a pic of what I mean.

Hope this helps

Attached Files:

11. Sovereign108

Sovereign108 New Member

That Belkin Cable from Argos worked for my Sony MDR-NC200D headphones. The cable is thicker than the default sony ones but it only costs £12 quid!

Take that Sony!!!!! Its almost as if they wanted me to get their overpriced replacement or get new SOny headphones.

12. Rio

Rio New Member

Belkin might work

Retractable Car-Stereo Cable

F3X1980-4.5-BLK

13. vgergo

vgergo New Member

This one costs 79 cents (with shipping), fits without any modifications. There are many different colors. I cannot yet add links, but search for "1X 3.5mm Male to Male Car Aux Auxiliary Cord Stereo Audio Cable for Phone iPod" in Ebay

ebay /itm/232077580123?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=531280217660&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

14. jackthomas

jackthomas New Member

last month same problem happen with me but now a days it is resolve by service center