Miles Davis Trumpet vs. B&W C5 vs. Klipsch x10i

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by jsulmeyer, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jsulmeyer

jsulmeyer New Member

I'm trying to decide between the above three in-ear monitors and would REALLY appreciate some input, opinions and advice.

Here's what I paid - perhaps that will influence which one I should keep:

Miles Davis Trumpet: $199
    B&W C5: $179 (but I can use a coupon through Apple to save $60-90 depending on how much I spend in total)
    Klipsch x10i: $194

I also picked up a set of Klipsch Reference S4i for $58 prior to trying to the others. Hard to pass up on that price, but wondering if I should save that money and apply it to one of the above or keep them as a spare, etc. Again, any input, opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

John

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi John

Not tried all three, sorry.

The X10 are really quite nice and you can sometimes find these for a real bargain price. C5 is nice - I really would like to try the Miles Davis Trumpet, I have a feeling this might be my favourite of the three from reviews. I hope someone has heard all three for you.:)

3. jsulmeyer

jsulmeyer New Member

Thank you for your reply. I'd really love to hear from someone who's either listened to all three or who has knowledge of all three. They each have their pros and cons - but while I've actually demo'd all three, I'm at the point where I almost don't trust my ears! I'd also appreciate other's experiences, in terms of build quality, support, etc.

John

4. burton

burton New Member

I went from the S4 to the X10i and loved the sound difference, a lot warmer and wider spectrum.

I didn't listen to any others and just went for them, I couldn't get on with Over the Ear IE8's, so the X10's fitted the bill, light also.