My choice/Comply Tips - Correct ones?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Mr Bump, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Mr Bump

Mr Bump New Member

Hi

I have today ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DTX-101 and also a set of SoundMagic E10 (the latter as a pair for spare/travelling as a bit of a punt having seen the reviews on here) and am looking forward to receiving them both to use with my iPod.

I generally listen to rock music and bought both on the strength of their reputed bass and clarity capabilities. I agonised over them as opposed to something like the Shure SE215 or, at the other end of the market, the Sennheiser CX300 II. I also considered going mad on a pair of Grado GR10's......as an SR80i user I was sorely tempted for the slightly less heavy stuff.

I have read that the Comply tips really enhance fit and bass so would someone be kind enough to clarify which variant I would need for both (TX-400?). When they are described as 'foam' are they actually foam rather than the slightly rubberised/silicone options I have seen with other phones?

They do seem quite expensive - are they worth it?

I hope I bought the right earphones now!! Will be gutted if I have to start again.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump New Member

Anyone any views?

3. Comply

Comply New Member

Comply Foam Tips are absolutely worth it. I'm biased, of course, but they really do provide excellent fit, amazing comfort, incredible noise isolation and an enhanced sound performance.

They ARE foam, not a version of silicone.

You can find info at ComplyFoam.com, but those earphones haven't been tested yet, so there is no official compatible solution right now.
    Sorry!