my headphones and website review

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Tunnah, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Tunnah

Tunnah New Member

first off wanna say this is first review i've ever posted of anything i've bought online, as it's never really felt like i was asked to by anything but a computer

but had a real..personal experience with this website, feels like its actually run by ppl :D

i recently bought the sennheiser CX300-IIs from this website, as i don't trust ebay or amazon to supply real headphones

found this website using google and absolutely loved it, picking em out couldn't have been easier

now i've never bought headphones before because i rarely listen to music on the move but more than that i'm an out and out bass junky - in the missus' car i've got a 12" 1400w infinity kappa sub (yes i've got..i bought em for her car haha) and in my bedroom i've got a pair of wharfedale zaldek 1000s..which doesn't sound like much until you realise my room is 10ftx14ft :p

so i tended to stay awake from portables because i didn't think i'd get enough bass to be happy but new job means i'm biking to work and working a lot alone so music went into the equation and started to look for an upgrade

now with the long winded explanation out the way down to it; i picked these purely because they advertised em as bass driven headphones which sounded like a winner.
    got ordered em 1 day, dispatched next, and being all giddy i sat awake next day like a kid before christmas waiting for that magical knock from the postie...it never came
    comes to 5pm and i'm cursing them so i wonder downstairs..the bastard had posted the card and not even knocked! the git is scared of my dog so won't knock, this is the dog who licked someone who tried breaking into my house..so yeah

finally got em next day and put em in, put some nice drum and bass on..and was gutted..they sounded tinny, hardly any bass, was NOT impressed
    then remembered a read a while ago about how its best to "wear em in" play some tunes for a couple of hours, so went along with it. on way home today from work i started to notice the bass getting better and better, was really jamming along to it, actually enjoying listening to music on the move for once instead of it just being a convenience but still being slightly underwhelmed

now i'm thinking i've just paid £30 for what amounts to basically a minor upgrade..but then again its an ipod nano, can't be good with bass..TO THE BAT CAVE! (aka bedroom)

plugged em into my amp, bass +3, loud on..immediately grab ball of tissue and wipe underside of keyboard from uncontrollable ejaculation...

i am astounded i love these little bastards! i couldn't be happier, i'm typing this up with a huge grin on my face

so thank you guys and girls for an awesome website, thank you sennheiser for your headphones and thank you kleenex for your absorbant tissues

i still have em in, cranked up, enjoying some amazing drum and bass (DC breaks ft darrison - change you..such a feel good track)

this is first time i've ever sat at the computer and listened to music through headphones and being completely satisfied it..i normally only listen to music with an empty house with my speakers rocking loud (ah, the joys of an elderly hard of hearing neighbour)

tldr: amazing website, awesome headphones, empty nutsac, 11/10

sorry for long waffling review with bad typing skills, first i've ever wrote and i'm an IRC guy so grammar/punctution is not in my repertoire :D

2. ROB_GTR

ROB_GTR New Member

LMAO! great write up Tunnah!

i nearly wet myself reading this paragraph "plugged em into my amp, bass +3, loud on..immediately grab ball of tissue and wipe underside of keyboard from uncontrollable ejaculation..." Fantastic ha ha ha

3. Tunnah

Tunnah New Member

haha thanks bud
    now i've had a taste of audiosexuality, i feel i've started an obsession thats gonna take me down a long, dangerous, and more importantly - expensive path...i need a better mp3 player!

the sound quality of the shuffle i'm currently using is comparable to that weird pff pff sound cats make when they fart, there's just not enough bass in these bastards!

so i need to find a decent mp3 player with an EQ (preferably around the 30 quid mark) or harness my dog's arsehole as she tends to do some VERY bassy farts