Need an EXPERT'S advice - which IEM should I buy??

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by chenrv, Apr 14, 2012.

1. chenrv

chenrv New Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Hey !
    This is the first IEM i'm gonna buy (I'm excited ^_^) and I really don't know which is better!
    I've seen this chart here: Multi-IEM Review - 234 IEMs compared (UE 500 & Paradigm Shift E3m added 04/08/12)

and since my budget is $300 approx (the less the better of course..) I am debating between the HiFiMan RE272 and Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 because these are in my price range and are at the top of the ranks .

but I can't choose between these two cuz I don't know which one is better.

I need IEMs that will sound great with rock music especially (red hot chili peppers, coldplay, pearl jam, incubus) since this is my favorite genre but I want it to sound good with all other genres as well because I hear many genres and want to use them with energetic music while doing sports.

about the bass - I never heard bassy headphones so I don't know if I like it or not, but I guess because I love rock, that I want it to be bassy in the right way, not too much and not too light.

I need comfortable IEMs because they are meant for jogging and running with.
    Which IEM is the best for my needs? it doesn't have to be only from the two that I mentioned, if you know other that are better in my price range please tell me..

I chose IEMs because they seem comfortable for sports but if there are closed headphones that are portable and comfortable and suitable for my needs I will be glad to know about them too... thankss A LOT.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    This is unfortunately the question I cannot answer. There is no "Best" Headphone or earphone - If everybody tried every headphone we would all pick a different one. Your hearing (and the amount of loss you have suffered over you lifetime so far) are individual to you as are your subjective music tastes. I recommend that you pick a store which has all the earphones which interest you and then give them a call. You have a handsome budget which should get you something you love, if you can describe what your tastes are and the type of EQ you are looking for you will get something great. For the time being why not have a go at telling us what you are looking for and what you have already tried:)