Need help buying headphones.. some expert please? :\

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by chenrv, Apr 13, 2012.

1. chenrv

chenrv New Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been searching in Google some tips in buying headphones and whoops found myself here, reading some threads at this forum , and got exposed to a new world of information I wasn't aware of..

I'm a big music addict, but this is the first pair of high quality headphones I'm going to buy, never had the money before.
    I hope someone can recommend me of headphones that would be suitable for my needs, which I'm going to mention below:
    1. Price: maximum 350$
    2. Uses: need them for sports- jogging, and for home use or chilling in bus / train rides.
    Need them to be played with MP3 player or iPhone.
    3. I listen mostly to rock music (red hot chili peppers, guns, pearl jam, coldplay..) and look for headphones that sound best with rock but also good for all music genres and for sport energetic music.
    4. I saw recommendations of Studio Beats by Dr. Dre and Sennheiser PXC 450, but these are noise cancelling headphones which I'm not sure that is the type I need. Do I need noise cancelling headphones or something else? What are Audiophile headphones and what are the differences? By the way I heard about Grado as well.. but don't know what's better. which headphones are recommended for my needs (from all the headphones you know)

I'm really confused :(
    help is appreciated,
    thanks!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

headphone

Closed Back Headphones

Here's some that will be good for public transport. Just scroll down to the $350 point.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

More Beats spam

More Beats spam - same user posts on other headphone forums.