Need help. Can't choose

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by fady.ashraf, May 8, 2012.

1. fady.ashraf

fady.ashraf New Member

May 8, 2012
    Hi, I've been researching for some time now for the perfect headphones for me. I mostly listen to all genres of music but mostly trance. I'm looking for a good bassed headphone with natural clear sound with crisp highs. Right now, I'm stuck between ATH M50s, sony MDR V700s, Beats solo hd, ultrasone DJ1 pro, and sennheiser hd 25-1 ii. And if you have other recommendations for good headphones for trance, plz tell me.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi fady.ashraf

Solo Beats are out right away - they are really bad in comparison to every other headphone you have mentioned. The best of what you have mentioned are the ATH M50s, Ultrasone DJ1 pro, and Sennheiser HD 25, you can add TMA1 and GMP 8.35 D to this list.

The HD25 and the TMA1 are on ears which does mean they will tire you out a bit faster by sitting on the external ear. They are very very similar sounding (the drivers also look suspiciously similar) so you could pick between these on looks. The DJ1, the M50 and the 8.35 are all fantastic and comfy. The GermanMAESTRO 8.35 D is without doubt the toughest but the other two are above average in build quality. All three have really decent bass and the kind of sound you are after - I do not believe you could be disappointed with any of these. Is there something that would help you decide? Is there any special feature you need to have?:)