need help finding CLOSED-back headphones for metal/rock + dubstep for £250 or under

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Jamesc4, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Jamesc4

Jamesc4 New Member

Mar 17, 2013
    I am trying to find some headphones which are preferably noise, cancelling with good isolation (want to keep it private with as little leakage as possible), which are good for listening to rock and metal type genres, and bassy genres like dubstep, drum and bass etc., and so i want decent bass without sacrificing clarity too much. I have read up on similar threads to this and the Denon AH-D2000 seem like a good option, however i have heard they have a fair bit of sound leakage. I know this sounds picky but i want them to look good (im a teenager lol). I hope there is some headphones which match this, thanks!.
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    I was just thinking - if I was 17 and hanging with my friends, what would I want to be seen with? I think a v-moda V80 True Blood edition would be good for a limited budget, or if I could spend the cash - the v-moda M100 in matte black. The M100 in matte black is like having a miniature stealth bomber - they don't look the same, but it's the same aesthetic. Then again, if you're in the U.K., you might find that buying one of these locally would be better:

Closed Back Headphones

Now if your budget can really stretch, I have these and they are pretty cool:

Sennheiser IE800 In-Ear Isolating Earphones (IE 800 Audiophile)

And these too (black version though):

Sennheiser MOMENTUM Closed Back Audiophile Headphones in Brown
  3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010