Need some help and an opinion please

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Drewjones93, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Drewjones93

Drewjones93 New Member

I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones to go on holiday with at the end of the month. They will be used on the plane and then primarily at home for my pc and iPod. I have a budget of £100 stretching to at most £150 if needed. Sound quality is the main priority, also I don't want a wireless set. I will listening mainly to 80's and modern pop and rock , with a lot of importance on headphones with minimal sound leakage possible.
    Thank you for your help!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Here's my favorite list to choose from. Based on your requirements, getting good sound plus sound isolation, the German Maestro 8.35D and the ATH M50 would be great choices (I have both of those). Below that price level the most interesting thing I see is the Beyerdynamic DT770PRO at 80 ohms.

Closed Back Headphones

3. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

Two Recomendations

You clearly want closed back headphones to block out external sound and a pair that can play all ranges of sound as the genres you said are quite varied.

1. £126.95 on this site. Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Closed Back Headphones. These fit your needs perfectly; comfortable, plays all ranges well acording to review sites.

2. £120.00 on urbanears.com. Zinken. They are desiogned for dj's playing long shows so are super comfortable and they come with loads of handy features all listed on their site.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

5. Drewjones93

Drewjones93 New Member

Thank you!

Thank you all for your help and advice! I've decided to go with the ATH M50's after reading around, but before I buy could someone just confirm for me please that these headphones would have no problem working on iPods or a home pc? And if anyone knows how long does delivery take on this site?
    Thank you!

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

No problem with ATH M50 with iPods or PC's. They play plenty loud enough, and there is no issue with frequency response etc.