Needs Advice/Help on Sub £300 Travel Cans

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Zack Hodge, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Zack Hodge

Zack Hodge New Member

Hi All

Very new to this wonderful site/forum, so please bear with me.

I am looking to upgrade my existing Audio Technica ATH ANC3 as they have seen better days and struggle with the noise cancelling on flights, seem to be great on trains but not planes, anyway i digress

My main requirements in order of importance to me:

Travel - Have to be useable on train and planes, so they need to fold down into something that can fit into my messenger bag, and not look like i have just walked out of a recording studio, I will very rarely use them in the house. Also i hate hearing other people's music so i would prefer them not to "leak" sound

Movies - Whilst i listen to the odd song here and there, i would use the headphones mostly for watching movies on either Ipad or Macbook air

Budget - £300 is what i am thinking but it is less then all the better

I have looked at the B&W P5, Audio Technica ATH m50, Phonak 132 and a few others however i think i have fallen in the trap of reading to many reviews and now am very confused

Any help would be very much appreciated

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Travel

If you want noise canceling, the Bose QC15 seems to be the perfect item. If you don't need noise canceling, just decent isolation and maximum portability, the Phiaton MS-400 is good and so is the Beyerdynamic DT-1350, since both of those fold flat.