Needs some help please!

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by markhort, Feb 26, 2011.

1. markhort

markhort New Member

I'm after some portable on the ear headphones for a while now, but I just can't decide which ones to get.

I have a budget of £150. I manly listen to Dance, Trance and house music, and will be using them to watch movies on my MacBook Pro and iPad. Really need them for general use, so I would like something with a some punchy bass.

I have a pair of Klipsch S4i, which I bought from here in October and they are great for the music I listen to.

This is what I have narrowed it down to -

Klipsch Image One: £119
    The reason I have chosen these are because I have S4i's which I love and thought it would be good starting point. I have read and watched a number of reviews and everyone of them are very positive.
    Klipsch Image ONE Closed-Back Headphones with Mic & Remote in Black

Next

Audio Technica ATH-ES7: £113
    Again a load of reviews I've read they seem to have a really good write up. Really like the look of them as well.
    Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Headphones in Black (ATH-ES7 BK)

I keep on going back and forward on which ones I think I will like and to which ones I'm going to get. Some help from professionals and experienced members would be very much welcome.

I have also looked at Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Closed Back Headphones (DT 770) - Professional Studio, I discounted these on the basis that I will probably need a amp to run these to there full potential which is something I use can't do.

Have I missed anything out there?

2. markhort

markhort New Member

3. Piswasser

Piswasser New Member

I am also doubting for a while my final 3 where :

1) Klipsch image one

2) Akg K450

3) Pioneer SE MJ71

And flipped coins to choose cause everytime when i was ready to buy one i read very negative reply's about them :( so out of 4 times the klipsch won 3 times :) so i will go for the klipsch also because so called expert headfi-ers who where negative where comparing them with much more expensive cans or another league like full size studio cans so their opinion means not that much, the rest was very positive about them and gonna give them a try and the pioneer i am also gonna buy later on.....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  4. markhort

markhort New Member

I think I'm going to go for the Image One's. I have read some more reviews and they are very positive.

5. Piswasser

Piswasser New Member

Good we're getting the same one let's hope it rocks huh will post my review when i have them and they are a little burned in....

6. markhort

markhort New Member

Yep, managed to find them for £27 cheaper than here. Spoke to Robin who couldn't match the price which was a shame, but can understand why. Should get them today at some point. Looking forward to getting home and having a listen.

I'll post back what I think after a couple of days worth of usage.