New guy here, just wanted to introduce myself a bit

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Jurgen_IH, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Jurgen_IH

Jurgen_IH Casual Listener

Started to get into headphones a few years back when I bought some Fisher Audio FA004 and was amazed to hear so much detail for the first time in my life :)

Present day I enjoy listening (= relaxing) to my favorite music (80's 90's pop & rock, movie soundtracks) with a glass of wine or a good Belgian beer.

My collection exists out of the FA004, AKG K92, HD598, HD650, LCD2 (2016 Fazor) and a Yamaha Pro 300 (when gardening). Needless to say, I primarily use the LCD2 and HD650. DAC/Amp combo is a Dragonfly Red with O2 Amp.

Hope to read some interesting stuff here.

Cheers!
    Jurgen

Oscar Stewart likes this.
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Obsessive Auditor

Excellent choices! I use a DF Red with my headphones. I think that Fisher you mentioned is currently the Brainwavz HM5, which I reviewed here.

3. Jurgen_IH

Hey Dale, thanks! I believe you mean the HM3 ;) The HM5 is a clone of the FA003 or vice versa, I don't know :)

4. Jurgen_IH

I noticed in your signature that you also had the DF v1.2. I just recently purchased the Red (last Saturday). Before that, I had the v1.2 for the last two years.

My first impressions are that the Red has more depth in the music. It seems the music not only moves horizontally but also vertically, more so than with the v1.2. Am I making any sense? :)

I find it hard sometimes to really A/B test these things, but something "feels" better with the Red.

5. dalethorn

Thanks for the correction!

6. dalethorn

Yes, the Red has newer technology besides being a low-power device. The Black version wanted to also be better than the v1.2, but it sounds a wee bit rough - the Red gets it right.