New OEHs - around £50

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by the_kears, Jun 21, 2012.

1. the_kears

the_kears New Member

Hello,

I'm looking to spend around £50 on some decent OEHs and so could use some recommendations. I'm gonna be using them mainly with ipod/ipad/laptop, and preferably they should be pretty durable as I'll be using them when I travel with work. I mainly listen to indie and rock music and like a clear, bassy sound if that makes sense.

I initially looked at Beats and Skull Candies but have heard they're just big names and the quality is actually a bit toss. I'm currently looking at the Fostex TH-7 which I can get for about £45, am I on the right lines with these and is that a decent price? Reviews for these are generally excellent.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kears.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

The Fostex TH-7 is unbelievable value for money, I have not come across a better performance to value headphone at this price. I thought they were priced wrongly and had to double check when I tried them. If you purchase them from us and you don't like them we will not only refund you but I will eat my electronic forum hat! To be frank, if you don't like them you will have to up your budget as I cannot put a better headphone forward at this price point!:)

Fostex TH-7 Dynamic Closed Studio Headphones in Black (TH-7B)
    £45.95

3. the_kears

the_kears New Member

Cheers bro, ordered these yesterday and should hopefully get them today. Thanks for the advice! Top work!

Cheers,

Kears.