New to Forum: Sennheiser IE6 v Denon AHC551

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by Lan#2, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Lan#2

Lan#2 New Member

Apr 17, 2010

I'm new to headphones costing more than £10 having lived the past two years with a pair of basic Sennheiser CX series however having just purchased an iphone I decided to upgrade.

After looking around and buying then returning a pair of Bose I found a set of Denon AHC551's for £60 which I have been quite happy with; however......

Today in HMV I stumbled across a pair of Sennheiser IE6's in the sale at £40. They had been recommended to me by staff in the Apple store a few weeks before at a price of £120 so not wanting to miss a bargain I snapped up the last set in HMV earlier.

Having got home I have read a few reviews and things don't seem so positive about the IE6's so I have not yet broken the seal so that I can return or ebay them.

Hence my question.... IE6's or the Denon's? I listen to various types of music from Dean Martin to Slipknot and have been quite impressed by the Denon's especially on acoustic based recordings. Anybody have a set of IE6's they can pass an honest verdict on?

Many Thanks in advance.