Nixon Apollo Headphones - a question

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by hackneytim, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hackneytim

hackneytim New Member

Sep 29, 2011

I have received my Nixon Apollo headphones today. Only ordered them yesterday so I’m really pleased. Excellent service, thank you very much.

I have a quick question, hopefully you can help. They work seem to work brilliantly with my iPod however, I have just tried to listen to music (via Spotify) on my Nokia N8 and the sound only ‘half works’ i.e I can hear the music but the lyrics aren’t there. I’ve made sure the jack is pushed in properly and tried lots of different songs. If I then hold down the middle button on the cord control, everything is fine and sounds like it should do, but release the button and it goes bad again.

I notice on the box it says the headphones are compatible with iPhone, does this mean it’s not supposed to work properly on my N8?

Many thanks,

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Nixon Apollo with Nokia N8

Unfortunately Nokia wire their headphone sockets differently to Apple, HTC, etc. I'm afraid this means headphones designed for the iPod/iPhone will not work properly with the Nokia N8.

I have seem adapters available to convert the socket of Nokia phones. Probably worth checking around on eBay, Amazon, etc if you want to go that direction.