Nixon Apollo Headphones - a question

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by hackneytim, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hackneytim

hackneytim New Member

Hi,

I have received my Nixon Apollo headphones today. Only ordered them yesterday so I’m really pleased. Excellent service, thank you very much.

I have a quick question, hopefully you can help. They work seem to work brilliantly with my iPod however, I have just tried to listen to music (via Spotify) on my Nokia N8 and the sound only ‘half works’ i.e I can hear the music but the lyrics aren’t there. I’ve made sure the jack is pushed in properly and tried lots of different songs. If I then hold down the middle button on the cord control, everything is fine and sounds like it should do, but release the button and it goes bad again.

I notice on the box it says the headphones are compatible with iPhone, does this mean it’s not supposed to work properly on my N8?

Many thanks,

Tim

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Nixon Apollo with Nokia N8

Unfortunately Nokia wire their headphone sockets differently to Apple, HTC, etc. I'm afraid this means headphones designed for the iPod/iPhone will not work properly with the Nokia N8.

I have seem adapters available to convert the socket of Nokia phones. Probably worth checking around on eBay, Amazon, etc if you want to go that direction.