No headphone jack in my Home Enterainment System

Discussion in 'Audio Sources' started by weezard69, Feb 18, 2013.

1. weezard69

weezard69 New Member

I have a Samsung LED TV (UN60D7000VFXZA) and a Samsung Home Entertainment System (HT-D5500). I have the Cable box hooked up to HDMI slot 1 on the TV and the Home Entertinament System hooked up to HDMI Slot 2 (ARC) on the TV. I listen to everything through the Home System. I listen to mp3's from a thumb drive plugged into the Home System. I would like to buy a set of Sennheiser wireless headphones but I do not have a headphone jack on my Home Entertainment System. There is a Digital Audio IN port but no audio out ports other than the one HDMI that I have hooked up to the TV. There are 2 USB slots available but I am not sure if that helps in anyway. Is it possible to hook up wireless headphones to this system and what do I need to buy? Ideally I want the 5.1 speakers to be muted while I use the headphones.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi weezard69

I have been trying to look at pictures of the back of your HT-D5500 online - can't find a really detailed one but it seems like there is no additional output. You could try the Component out above the aux input, if this doesn't work I cannot see a way of doing this. The USB slots are unlikely to understand connection to a DAC.