Noise Cancelling or Closed Back/Sealed | Audiotechnica ANC7b | Logitech UE 6000

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by blackjid, Oct 3, 2012.

1. blackjid

blackjid New Member

Oct 3, 2012

I want some headphones for office use. I'm a computer programmer and I want to isolate from the office noise and to be under US$200

At first I thought to go with some active noise cancelling headphones. So I've been looking to the Audiotechnica ANC7B and the Logitech UE 6000. Any thoughts on those headphones?... is the way to go?

May be I just need to get a nice Closed Back/Sealed headphones instead of ANC... but there are to many options.. any suggestions??

2. quadpatch

quadpatch New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    London, UK
    It depends on how much the background noise annoys you and effects your music. Loud noises, if they come through your headphones do destroy the subtlety of good quality sound, but my opinion is that active noose cancellation generally damages audio quality too much. The Sennheiser HD25-1 II has pretty good natural isolation, as does the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, both are a little bit plump on the bass, a little recessed on the mids and generally fairly well balanced and well liked. I don't know about the two ANC headphones that you mentioned but I have tried the Bose QC15 (apparently one of the best) and it does a great job of cutting out outside noise, I'm just not convinced it cuts the mustard in terms of audio quality for it's price. The effect is like some kind of muffled effect, or veil I guess you could say. If you're in a plane they are worth their weight in gold, personally I wouldn't use them for the office, but I wouldn't tell people not to categorically.
  3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    The UE-6000 sounds very good and blocks noise well with active NC, but leaks very slightly. So when seated close to someone, in the next cube etc., they could hear some faint sounds if your volume were loud.