Noise reduction on the cheap...

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Zwa, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Zwa

Zwa New Member

I work in an office with someone who sniffs and coughs incessantly, all day every day. It's driving me nuts. I can't confront him with it - the last person who tried got an earful and I don't need the extra stress. I can "manage" it by listening to music, but for my cheap Koss headphones to overcome the external sound I need the volume a lot higher than I 'd like.

I'm looking for some headphones that, without the music playing, do a good job of cutting out external sound (particularly sniffing). I'm completely unbothered by sound quality - I'm listening to low bitrate mp3s on a computer, and I don't want to spend a lot (I'm definitely not looking for active noise reduction, for example).

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Edward

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Noise reduction headphones

You really need a fully over ear headphone, or alternatively a pair of in-ear sound isolating earphones (except these may not be comfortable to wear all day).

Check out our closed back headphones range, or our in-ear sound isolating earphones category.

If you are going for in-ears then Comply Foam tips will make a massive difference to both comfort and sound isolation.