Noisy Neighbours

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by petrovitch, Jan 20, 2011.

1. petrovitch

petrovitch New Member

I live in a flat and suffer from noisy neighbours. Which are the best headphones that will dampen down the noise. I want them for watching TV and would prefer over the ear.

2. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

Hi, I had a similar problem; at home we have a main living room where I wanted to listen to loud music and my partner wants to watch the TV........... so I was looking for a pair of comfortable headphones, suitable for listening to rock, jazz, prog, blues etc......... but with good isolation both ways.

Having read the reviews it seemed that the Sennheiser HD280 was a pretty good performer all round, and was particularly recommended where isolation was important.

So I went out and bought a pair and haven't been disappointed. She can watch her TV and I can listen to my music and we don't disturb each other. I think it's important that they fit comfortably and at the same time seal well against your head........ in terms of quality of sound as well as isolation; so I'd definitely recommend you try a pair before buying

Hope that helps............. one suggestion for you at least

Kelvin

3. petrovitch

petrovitch New Member

Thanks kelvin - most helpful. Will seek out and try.
    Pete

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Going for a pair of headphones with a Pro Audio leaning is a good tip in this circumstance. Headphones like the Sennheiser HD 25 SP and the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm are designed for use in the Recording, TV, Film and Radio industries where noise escaping or getting into the headphones is simply not an option. Have a look in the Studio Headphones section - :)