on ear headphones for commuting

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by The Jester, Dec 11, 2013.

1. The Jester

The Jester New Member

Hi,

I am seeking a set of on-ear headphones to use while commuting and generally out and about. I do currently use Soundmagic PL30 with my iPod but with the amount of times I commute to Glasgow on the bus/train for work and use them at other times I'm not sure that sticking things inside my ear so much is such a great idea!
    Therefore I am looking for a pair of portable on-ear headphones that do not leak sound on public transport AND preferably have good clarity/separation. I do have (and love) the Koss Portapro but these don't isolate enough and leak too much sound.
    I can't really justify spending much more than £100 on a set of headphones so I'm preferably looking for a bargain! However, I'm open to any suggestions :)

I listen to a wide range of music - rock, metal, prog, hip-hop, synthy 80's music if that information is of any use.

I'm aware that I may need to buy a mini amp to get the best out of some on-ear headphones but that's something I'm prepared to buy as well.

If you've taken the time to read all of this noob-ish nonsense then I thank you. All advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. The Jester

The Jester New Member

They look brilliant! I'm very much a fan of Soundmagic's ear buds but have never tried these. Do you reckon I'd need an amp too?

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

These are pretty efficient and they behave well with music players as well as amps.

5. The Jester

The Jester New Member

Thanks for your suggestion, I will make these my next headphone purchase! :)