Over ear headphones for iPod under £100

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Tiago1604, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Tiago1604

Tiago1604 New Member

Been using sennheisers hd202 an they have served me loyally and modestly. Looking for a jump in quality to use with my iPod. In pursuit of a pair of over ear headphones under £100.
    Thank fos any feedback, Tiago1604

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Tiago1604

What kind of music do you like?:)

3. RobinHiFi

Here a a few which I like -

Fostex TH7
    Really impressive at this price, nicely built and seem to last well, case included but it's a bit large.

Ultrasone HFi-580
    Refined sounding and well built cans. Better suited to classical, acoustic and complex music as they are a little bright.

Klipsch Image One
    Bass monsters! Dubstep and Hip Hop fans should like these.

4. Tiago1604

Tiago1604 New Member

I listen to hard rock, led zep, ccr, blak sabbath and some acoustic work like Bon Iver and bob Dylan. Will this make a big difference? Ill look up those suggestions. Thanks very much!!!

5. RobinHiFi

Avoid anything with really large bass or badly lacking in bass. Most advice you will find would work for your tastes, if someone only likes one genre it's best to get very specific advice but if you like a lot of different music it's easier to apply what you tend to read generally:)

I'll add Shure SRH 440 instead of the Klipsch

Should you find a bit extra down the back of the sofa (always worth checking!) Beyer Custom One are great with Rock, the bass switches are really cool, they actually work well which for me is a first for a bass boost on the actual headphone.