Over-ear headphones with a strong bass

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by MaltheKoenig, Jun 13, 2013.

1. MaltheKoenig

MaltheKoenig New Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Hey guys. I'm all new here on HifiHeadphones :)
    I've been stuck with my Logitech G35 gaming headset for a very longtime, but now I want something a bit more "professional"
    As I've wrote in the titel, I'm looking for a pair of over-ear headphones with a lot of bass. But still a nice build quality and design, as well as some good low, mid and highs.
    I hope someone can help me, choosing a decent pair of headphones :)
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    This Sennheiser Amperior has a lot of hard-hitting bass, but not so overwhelming that it obscures the midrange.

Sennheiser Amperior Closed Back Supraaural DJ Monitor Headphones

But, if you want to get past that and into some really serious bass, with all aspects of the headphone being excellent, this Beyer is my choice. And even better - the bass ports are adjustable so you can set them where you like. The people I know who have this all say the same thing - it's a great fun headphone by a legendary company.

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Closed Back Studio Headphones
  3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    You can't really go wrong with the Beyer Custom One, it's an excellent choice if sometimes you want to hear loud and thumpy and other times you want a bit more refinement. It just doesn't feel like a compromise with where thay have pitched the lowest and highest bass settings.:)