Personal music player help

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by ENDEAVOUR, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR New Member

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to the iPod ? i have a pair of SHURE SE846s and i want something to really give then a run in

Cheers Richard

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

You can get a specialized music player, but it will have far less features than the iPod, especially an iPod Touch, and some of those may be important. A headphone amp in my view is much better, unless you absolutely have to have everything in one small device.

3. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR New Member

Musicplayer

Thankyou so much for your reply. Yes i quite understand what you are saying about features no the iPod, however, my phone gives me all the features i will ever need. i just want something that plays music, don't really care about apps and things. I know there are some very pricy Hi Fidelity ones, but will they help to reproduce better sound ?

Cheers Colin

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

This is the list I have here now. I have the X3 myself which sounds better than iPod with the *same* tracks, but then it also plays other lossless formats (other than lossy or WAV) too.

There are the A&K players above the FiiO X3, but the X3 should be good since you can store up to 64 gb on a MicroSD card (I have the Sandisk 64 gb class 10 card), and play any of those right from the menu. BTW, the A&K players are highly regarded, and I think there is a new one on the way that sells for over £2000.

Portable Audio Players

5. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I also have an X3 - amazing for the price!

Here is a review we did for the X3 - Read here