Phonak Audeo PFE 022 or ClarityOne?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Rishabh, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Rishabh

Rishabh New Member

Hi. I've been looking for a decent set of in-ear headphones and have read the review of the best ones on your website. Have narrowed down to the Phonak PFE 022 and the ClarityOne, but can't decide which ones might be the better buy. Am specifically looking for a set that have an in line mic, since I will be using my phones with my BB. Have therefore ruled out the SoundMagic E10's as they don't seem to have a mic though they seem to be a great pair for the price.
    Wouldn't put myself down as an audiophile and have been using a pair of Apple in ear phones till recently.
    Like the idea of the over ear design of the Phonak and the fact that they are cheaper than the ClarityOnes, but if one if significantly better than the other, would certainly want to know.
    Any guidance?
    Cheers!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Rishabh

I would make this choice based on the music you like. Both are very clean and clear headphones with a great grasp of detail and textured and well handled bottom end. The Phonaks are the slightly more precise sounding pair with a balanced and musical feel. The ClarityOne feel really uncluttered and have a warmer sound with bigger bass (not too big) and have more of a smile curve EQ.

Therefore the Phonaks -

Audeo PFE 022 Perfect Bass Earphones with Mic in Black (PFE-022)
    £99.95

are better for Acoustic, Folk, intricate Rock and Classical and the ClarityOne -

ClarityOne In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones with Microphone
    £114.00

are a little more suited to Dance music, Electonic music, Hip Hop and Dubstep.

They are pretty close in quality and both work with all the genres mentioned, both are really great items at this pricepoint. Good luck choosing!:D

3. Rishabh

Rishabh New Member

Cheers Robin.
    I suspected you might say that - about the choice of music dictating which ones I go for :)

I'm inclined to go for the Phonaks, mostly because there is a rock bias in the music I listen to + I like the over ear design.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks once again.