Phonaks or ?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by frank the tank, Sep 6, 2012.

1. frank the tank

frank the tank New Member

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm after a good set of in ear headphones for general day to day listening. Ive been offered a set of phonak audeo 122 at half price off a mate who can't get on with them but I've not listened to them.
    Music wise I'm into indie rock, muse, radiohead,manics and some classic rock and a bit off indie folk.
    Theres so many to choose from, I currently have a set of ultrasone hfi780s for home and i really like the sound of these. I use Soundmagic pl30s on the move but I find these a bit uncomfortable after a while. Budget wise around £60 ish.
    I was wondering if there was anything else out there or do you think the phonaks would suit.
    Thanks for any advice

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi frank the tank

I love the Phonak earphones. You will find them lighter on the bass than the excellent PL30 but more similar to the HFi780 - Cleaner clearer more detailed with better stereo imaging and a larger soundstage and better instrument separation.

Hope that helps :)

3. frank the tank

frank the tank New Member

Thanks for the quick response, what's the difference between the perfect base model and the 122s. Also would the green filters fit the 122.
    Thanks again.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Yes, any of the Phonak filters will fit any of the Phonak IEM's (even the PFE 232!):)