PL30 soundMagic help

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by keaty84, Jun 20, 2010.

1. keaty84

keaty84 New Member

hi could someone please help, i brought some PL30 off ebay, when they arrived some things were missing, cable winder. when i went to adjust the bass only one side would move. could these be fake, i payed £21 for them.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Fake SoundMAGIC PL30

Hmmmm... eBay, Amazon and Playtrade have become hotspots for selling fake products. The fact the bass knob is stuck does not bode well, although this could of course just be a manufacturing fault. One way or another you should contact the reseller under warranty.

It's highly likely traders on eBay and the like are running their business from a spare room and aftersales service is likely to be variable. We'd always recommend buying from an authorised reseller.

3. Saiyajin

Saiyajin New Member

There is no fakes reported on head-fi.org, neither I have seen one anyway, so don't think they exist.
    I do know SoundMAGIC have changed their pakages and incl. accessories since they came out. Might explain why no cable winder was with your pair.
    Blocked bass port - it's not first time I hear of it, must be a manufacturing fault in this case. For that reason I would also suggest you contact the reseller.