Plaese help me to find new headset

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Alextheking1993, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Alextheking1993

Alextheking1993 New Member

I want to purchase a new pair of headset for my iPhone 4S under 200£ . I want this pair to have good audio quality , Active Noise Cancellation (because i travel a lot ) and buttons/mic for iPhone . If i had 300£ or more i would already have purchased Bose QC15 or Sennheiser MM 550-X . But now i cant find any headset which combines both features i want .

Please help !

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Sorry no one has answered this thread - I think that's probably because I would say to save the extra and get the Bose (or my preference) the Sennheiser. In the last couple of years the Noise Cancelling headphones pool seems to have polarised into a group of budget models and a group of high end models with little inbetween. The effect of this seems to be that if you want a nicely made fully featured NC headphone there is no longer a non luxury but fully featured mid priced model:(

If anyone has a suggestion please pop it in - also if you resolve this and end up with something you are happy with for the right price please share that:)

3. Alextheking1993

Thanks for the answer . I got enough money to purchase an expensive headset . I think my choice is Sennheiser MM 550-X only because it has so many more features than Bose QC15 ! It has Bluetooth button for Wireless Freedom (so i can easily connect to my iPhone + aptX technology for CD-like quality) , Active Noise Cancellation button (NoiseGard 2.0) , SRS button (Surround sound) and play/pause , volume up/down , next/previous track , mic for calls everything build in to the headphone and more ! Bose QC15 as i heard has the best ANC in the market right now and excellent audio quality but Sennheiser's headset is amazing ! What do you think ?

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Sennheiser is a real hi-fi company who have a long-established reputation for quality and standards, and reliability of the product. Bose have quite a large fan base for the many unique items they offer, but I see them as mainly a boutique vendor who put high fidelity standards second to product features. That can get really complicated trying to explain, but it makes more sense after years of experience with both.

5. Alextheking1993

Thanks for your quick reply ,

I am worrying because i will spend a huge amount of money and i want to get something that will last many years ! I already have Sennheiser HD 449 (costs around 70£) and the audio quality is good but the base is really bad , almost no base at all . Exactly the same with my on ear klipsch s4i and i am afraid if MM 550-X lacking base like those headphones ... I dont want to have overpowering base like beats or skullcandy , i want crystal clear sound and good base so i can enjoy my music

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I bought a Beats Mixr that has overpowering bass, but when I activate "bass reducer" EQ in my iPhone or iPod, the bass becomes almost perfect - still very strong mind you, but not overpowering. I have found this with several headphones now, but the big question (besides they don't have Active Noise Canceling) is how long they will last and how to replace them.

Maybe there's a better idea - a really top quality headphone like the following, that reduces noise very well without the cancel signal, with adjustable bass, from one of the best headphone companies in the world:

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Closed Back Studio Headphones

7. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to agree with dalethorn on this one...

The Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro will give you great sound isolation and superb sound sound quality that can be customised. You won't get iPhone controls but it is going to be hard getting everything in one headphone - if sound quality is important to you then maybe a compromise is needed.