Planes, trains & automobiles...

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Scuboid, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Scuboid

Scuboid New Member

Hi there.
    Most of my days are spent in the car, and I'll shortly be going on some lengthy flights. I'm looking for some in-ear isolating headphones that I can also use hands-free with the phone. I'm approaching 60, and have slight tinnitus, so I can't really appreciate the quality of expensive kit.
    I have been considering the soundMAGIC MP21. Would you recommend anything else at a similar price, and would Comply ear tips make any difference? If so what ones would be needed?
    I've looked around the forum & can't see anything that seems to answer these questions, but feel free to redirect me if I've missed it.
    Thanks for your help

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Scuboid

The really quite impressive SoundMAGIC MP21 has quite an odd sized nozzle (the bit where the sound comes out), and is actually between the T-140 and T-200 sizes. T-200 is definitely too big but I have squeezed no a T-140 tip before and the results were perfectly acceptable.

I think this would work really well for your travels, if you do leave them on a flight or at your destination you wont be kicking yourself either as the price is low for what you get.

SoundMAGIC MP21 In-Ear Earphones in Black with Microphone
    £25.96 - Surpising quality especially including the mic!

Comply Foam Ear Tips T-140 Platinum Medium (3-pairs)
    £14.99 - A tight fit with the MP21

3. Scuboid

Scuboid New Member

Thanks for the quick reply, Robin.

I notice the T-140s are out of stock at the moment, so I'll keep coming back to look every few days!

BTW - great website...lots of info and VERY helpful people!

George

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Thank you Scuboid! We try our best :) Unfortunaetely the T-140 size is reasonably popular as it fits one of the Apple replacement earphones.