Please help, Some suggestion

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by tapash, Jul 16, 2012.

1. tapash

tapash New Member

Hi,
    I went to store today to try some headphone. Tried Marley Positive Vibrations. Sounds very good to me (Dont take my word, I'm not an expert). Now I have heard a lot about K518, of how good they are in all section except for the comfort. I had the same experienece with Marley as well. Trying it for 10 min, my one ear is still hurting after 45 min. They didnt have AKG one in stock, so could not try. Can anyone tell me please how do they compare in terms of sound and comfort. If anyone has any suggestion other than these 2, I would also like to try that.
    I am looking for something portable and I am small headed ;)
    I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. tapash

tapash New Member

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The Klipsch isolates well. The Sennheiser isolates pretty well for its size, but a bigger size will give more isolation.

5. tapash

tapash New Member

Ok, thats good. Saw some good reviews, what do you think about AKG K450 or K518DJ or Marley positive vibrations? are they any good? how does they compare with the ones you have mentioned?

I have a small head, and this one will be using while travelling so dont want a bulky one. but a good noise isolation with warm sound & bass would be first preference.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The K450 seems to be the more all-around best for music, and it isolates well. The K518dj a lot of people like, but it seems to be tuned more for the fast-impact type of sound. You could probably tell how that matches your needs. My preference for portable usually goes to something like the 450 since it would have to play everything pretty well.

7. tapash

tapash New Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. so, between AKG450 and Sennheiser PX200-IIi which one would you think has overall good sound and does better isolation. sorry for asking too many question..

8. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I would go for the AKG - the Sennheiser is good, but somewhat lightweight in sound and isolation.

9. tapash

tapash New Member

Great. Thanks. Just went to shop, picked up one AKG. Great help.