Please recommend noise cancelling clip on headphones.

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by curiouscat, Mar 17, 2013.

1. curiouscat

curiouscat New Member

Hi,

I'm after some noise cancelling headphones/earphones that clip over my ears but I can't seem to find any. Is there such a thing for £50 or less?

I currently own a pair of ordinary Sony headphones, not sure if these are classed as in-ear. They are the same design, though better quality, as the ones you get free with ipods etc. The bud fits just inside your ear. I would be happy with a pair of these if they cancelled out noise but the only ones I can find fit quite deeply into the ear, makes sense but I find them uncomfortable. Headphones are too bulky. I would use my headphones when commuting. I like listening to audiobooks as well as music but with my current headphones this is almost impossible.

If you know of another type which may suit my needs please let me know. I've heard about ones that are attached to a neck band? I don't know anything about them though.

Help appreciated,

Thanks.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Normally the regular headphones are bulky, but here's one that folds, you pull it out of a pouch, it's feather-light wearing, then re-fold and drop into pouch. A pouch that's probably not that much larger than whatever you would need for the clip-on type. I've used the non-noise canceling version of this for years - very nice and compact.

Sennheiser PXC250-II Noise Cancelling Headphones (PXC 250-II)

3. curiouscat

curiouscat New Member

Thanks bit there're a bit pricey for my budget!

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator