Reasonably priced noise cancelling heeadphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by sam-c, Aug 3, 2012.

1. sam-c

sam-c New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Hi guys

I've been looking around the net trying to find a new set of headphones but feel I am probably missing out on some viable options simply because I don't have a great knowledge of which brands are renown for their quality, and which are renown for the complete opposite.

I currently have Monster Turbine IEMs. I like the sound they produce and although they are not noise cancelling they are noise iscolating which they do a good job of. However, they tend to fall out quite easily, especially when walking, and become uncomfortable after 45 minutes or so.

The headphone will largely be used on my iPhone and occasionally a pc. Currently I don't have a portable amp but this is something I intend to look into in the future.

I have been looking at the AKG K495s but at £250 thats a bit steep for my liking. I also looked at the new Monster Diesel VEKTR but saw some not great reviews as to the sound quality and personally I am sceptical as to how comfy/how well they would sit on your ears.

My budget is around £150 but would stretch to £200.

Hopefully I have provided you with all the information you need :)

Thanks for your help

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Sam,

What kind of sound do you like and what music do you listen to?:)