Recomend me some headphones £150 max.

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Rapid7, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Rapid7

Rapid7 New Member

I'm looking for some headphones for music listening only.I mainly listen to 80's - 90's music but this can be anything from pop to dance music.Have a budget of around £150 and will be powering them from a creative x-fi titanium HD sound card.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. Rapid7

Rapid7 New Member

Anybody have an idea what to buy?

3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Best headphones upto £150 max

For £150 you can get yourself a very nice sounding pair of headphones! Below are some ideas:

Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 - Open back full size headphones. Very comfortable fit, light weight (despite size) and soft earpads. Excellent treble clarity and instrument seperation. Bass response is on the lighter end of the scale, but is well defined.

Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 Ohm) - Closed back full size headphones. Powerful bass response with excellent positional accuracy (works well for for movies and games, but is also a great reference headphone). Comfortable ear pads with fully over ear design. High levels of sound isolation. Low enough impedance to be driven by portable audio devices, e.g. iPod, but does benefit from amping. As used throughtout the BBC (check photos on Radio 1 website). Robustly made with replaceable ear pads.

Also check out our Best Hi-Fi Headphones review and buyers guide for more ideas.