Recommendations for in-ear phones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by kersey, Jan 8, 2014.

1. kersey

kersey New Member

I can't seem to find my ideal pair of in-ear headphones that I am happy with.

I am not an audiophile so dont really want to spend over £50. I listen to mp3's via my Note II phone which has a Wolfsen sound chip. My music is mostly rock or metal (much from the 80's when sound production wasn't the best anyway) but want something with a warm sound to it.

I currently own Sennheiser CX500, Sennheiser/ Adidas CX680, Bass Buds and Sony EX50 and also an unknown pair that came with my Sony bluetooth MW600 device.

Each have their good and bad points. I find the CX500 my favourites but find they work loose when I walk and constantly need to push them back in to regain the suction (and bass).

What I do find is my unknown Sony ones are the most comfortable as they have an angled earbud that sits perfectly in my ear lobe and doesn't move, the sound is great on them but they have a very very short cable to connect the the Bluetooth clip device.

The headphones I'm ideally looking for then are ones with a warm sound without too much sparkle (my Adidas ones and Sony are very sharp in that respect), plenty of punch, angled earbuds and small housing to stay in my lobe without having to do the suction thing as they always seem to work loose!!!

Do such a pair exist for under £50...I was looking at the Soundmagic E30 but have read some reviews of the fit not being too great which then results in a lack of punch and bass.

This is my last attempt to buy a pair of headphones that suit all my needs...am hoping someone can offer buyers advice for me.

Thanks in advance

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. kersey

kersey New Member

Will do...thanks for your help

4. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I would recommend either the SoundMAGIC E10 or E30 depending on the type of fit you want. There is nothing else that can challenge them on sound quality for the price and in my experience they fit very well - even better with Comply ear tips.

5. kersey

kersey New Member

Have just ordered the E30's...look forward to trying them out.

Thanks to all for your help

6. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff! Happy Listening :)

7. Patroclus

Patroclus New Member

Hi,
    Just to let you know that I would avoid E10 if I were you.
    I bought one 2 years ago, and the cable peeled badly after 1 year with very light use (only about 2 hours / week).
    I bought 2 more about 18 months ago, and ......now look at how these 2 units looks now !!!

[img=http://s26.postimg.org/dyrp9esg5/DSC03696_640x480.jpg] [img=http://s26.postimg.org/z9p9doakl/New_Picture_640x480.jpg]

Ironically I bought 2 ES18 (Red & Gren) which is much cheaper at the same time I bought my first E10 2 years ago. The cable might look cheap & less fancy than E10, but they survived these 2 years without a problem. The twisted pair cable on E10 is a joke. I believe the cable coating has a huge problem. It is too thin. If you damage even a bit, then the twisted-pair cable coating will roll off /peel off all the way down, leaving the bare wire inside. It will usualy start from the Y splitter, or from the end of your headphone jack, or the ear plug cable connector.

3 units gone with light use. I'm done with E10. I love the sound, but there is no way I'm gonna spend $40 for another E10.

8. jerryhere

jerryhere New Member

you can buy from amazon ,ebay . or you can buy from kingsbuying ,which i often bought recently .
    they have a lot of in ear headphones ,with cheap price