Recommendations Klipsch Custom 2, Klipsch S4 or BO A8?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by kwangsun, May 28, 2009.

1. kwangsun

kwangsun New Member

My Vmoda's cable recently got damaged, and I've sworn to never buy another pair of Vmodas again. (I did like them quite a lot though)
    Since they're my only IEMs, I've decided that I'd shell out some cash on a replacement. Currently I've decided on a pair of Sennheiser CX500s and am waiting for their arrival. However, since the death of my modas, I haven't been able to listen to music on the go anymore cause I only have headphones left, and they're all either too big or too expensive. So I decided that I would definitely need a second pair (not necessarily a back up pair..) in the future.

Here are the current contenders:
    1. Klipsch Custom 2 (because I find the Custom 3s to be too expensive)
    2. Klipsch Image S4 (because they've gotten favorable reviews and are cheap)
    3. Bang & Olufsen A8 (They've gotten favorable reviews, and they look so damned good)

I'm tilting towards the Custom 2s right now. But because of the favorable reviews of the A8, I haven't been able to decide. Does anyone here know how these pairs compare to each other? how do the S4s compare to the Custom 2s?

I'm really after sound quality, but durability would be a plus. So please tell me what you think of these phones! :)