Recommended Amp for Grado 325si

Discussion in 'Headphone Amplifiers' started by moosehead, Nov 7, 2011.

1. moosehead

moosehead New Member

Currently I mainly use with MacBook Pro. Maybe iPod Touch. In the future, I plan to get a home system so the I am not sure I want to invest much in a headphone amp. In fact, I am not sure how much improvement will be heard from an amp. It is one reason I selected the Grado's..

Any thought would be appreciated.

2. moosehead

moosehead New Member

DAC and AMP

And do I need a DAC/AMP combination? Again, for a while I am using with a MBP so I do not know how much better the DAC would be than via. MBP... yes just a newbie here but loving the great sounds. thanks

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Improvements with amp.

To some people adding a separate headphone amp makes a big difference in sound quality, and to other people a very small difference. I have a lot of experience with amps, and yet in most cases the difference is very small, unless you go all the way and do everything right. If you want to make sure that when you do buy an amp it makes a worthwhile improvement to your sound, make sure to get the right DAC and amp that work together well, or are part of the same box. And good cables are a must. Lastly, look at the power you are using and whether there are any issues with uneven power.