Recommended headphone case for Meze Classic 88 headphones...?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Countessalmirena, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Countessalmirena

Countessalmirena New Member

Hello,

I've just received my new headphones from Meze (I'm not sure if this forum allows linking to other sites, so I will just say that you can see the headphones by googling Meze 88 Classics). They're utterly gorgeous - the sound is perfect for the sort of music to which I listen (primarily classical vocal music, anything from 11th century chant to songs by Zemlinsky and including grand opera and chamber music).

They arrived in a beautiful box with foam cut-out within, but clearly I cannot take them with me in a box when I'm on the move! (No travel case included.)

Can you recommend a good case for these? I don't want something that looks industrial (such as the Pelican cases - which I think are overkill anyway!), and I would prefer something which looks beautiful as well as gives some good protection. But my primary concern is that I be able to carry these around with me when I am away from home (usually just for a few days).

I could of course just buy the Meze earbuds, but I'm not really an earbud person, and I want to listen to music through these superb headphones!

I look forward to your suggestions/recommendations.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I have two of the following cases, and they fit several of my headphones including the Grado models, as long as the earcups fold flat.

Grado Headphone Carry Case

3. Countessalmirena

Countessalmirena New Member

I've also been in touch with the chaps at GOCase (F-Type Headphone Case : Headphone Cases). They say the F-type case will be in stock again within the week and that my headphones will sit comfortably.

It's good to have two options now!

Thank you.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator