replacement earbuds

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by music-addict, Sep 12, 2012.

1. music-addict

music-addict New Member

My second pair of sennheiser cx 150 s have just died on me. They really impressed me but I want to find a new pair of earbuds. They need to sound great and they need to have good build quality. Are there any like this under £30 that are better then the cx 150?

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. music-addict

music-addict New Member

I was thinking about them too but then i read that all the soundmagics are a bit dodgy in terms of build quality and i need something a bit tougher.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Getting a tough build and good sound for £30 is going to be, umm, really tough.

5. music-addict

music-addict New Member

There are some like that e.g. like the cx 150s or cx 160s but i just wanted to see if there are any others that could be better.

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jays maybe? Go up a little in price?

It might be good to maintain at least 2, maybe 3 sets. Then if they're under warranty one can be sitting in repair while you enjoy the others. Once you have a plan like that it makes things go smoother. Then when you need a new one it's easier because you aren't down without a working set.

7. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Replacement earphones

Interestingly SoundMAGIC have just upgraded the cabling on the E10 and it's now a twisted pair design (like a Westone or Earsonics cable with a sheath over it). I would expect this to dramatically increase the durability.

8. music-addict

music-addict New Member

I might go after them then. Funnily enough I was just about to get them before i read about some complaints. Thanks for the help.