Replacement tips for um2's

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Fatality, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Fatality

Fatality New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I usually use Comply tips for my um2's but I feel like trying something different. I've also heard stories that comply tips are not good for bass and I'm a bass addict. Anything you can recommend?
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Fatality

Comply tips effect bass in a positive way - by sealing better and providing a bigger db drop in external noise than silicone tips they should make bass clearer and fuller. We bump into many musicians and find that those who do not have Custom sleeves nearly always find Comply tips beat silicone for isolation, fit and getting a good seal.

Custom tips are the next step if you have decided you have gone as far as you can using Comply. These are custom made from impressions taken by an Audiologist of the inside of your ear. It is a weird experience having your ears filled with goo but the eventual results are fantastic, the best isolation and a very comfy fit with no chance of falling out.

Although you can have a good look at the sleeves we currently offer, ACS no longer make sleeves for Westone. You can still get a good idea of how these work and there are other custom sleeve manufacturers out there.

Custom Earphone Sleeves for Standard Earphones

There are other solutions but this is the one I know best.:)
  3. Comply

Comply New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    On your earphones
    RobinHifi is right.
    Customs are *the* best option. Comply Foam Tips are the next best thing; they act like a custom ear injection with every use, filling the ear canal to provide an excellent seal that isolates noise and is extremely comfortable.
    Our tips actually help improve bass. By sealing the ear canal, the bass that is normally lost with silicone tips is funneled into the ear. So unless you go the custom route, you're in a very nice place for sound. The next thing to examine is the earphone set you're using. What are you using?