Replacing Shure 310's

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by d69, Oct 13, 2010.

1. d69

d69 New Member

Hi there

Just joined here tonight and I am looking for advice.

I am looking for a replacement for my Shure 310's I have had 2 pairs of these now and both only lasted 18months the first pair were replaced under warranty the second pair (the replacements) lasted 18 months and then Shure said they were covered by the original warranty which ran out 12 months prior.

So now I am looking for a comfortable pair with foam tips (I have problems with silicone and rubber) for about 50-70 quid.

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Replacement for Shure SE310

It sounds like you haven't had much luck with your Shures. It is worth saying that the with all earphones the most likely component to fail is the cabling, so well worth taking extra care when storing away and during use.

It's actually quite tricky to find an earphone under £70 that comes supplied with foam ear tips (this is normally reserved for higher end models), but you can always fit Comply Foam tips as an aftermarket accessory.

I'd recommend taking a look at the SoundMAGIC PL30. This earphone sounds as good as more expensive offerings, like the Klipsch S4 and Sennheiser CX550, and also comes with foam tips.