Replacing UE Superfi4?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by alijules, Dec 10, 2012.

1. alijules

alijules New Member

My much-loved pair of UE Superfi 4s have broken (again. . .this is the second warranty pair) and with just a few days left before a series of long-haul flights, I need to replace them in a hurry!

As it's that awkward time of year, I'd like to get a stop gap pair with decent sound that will tide me over until I can find the cash for the next love-of-my-life pair, so looking to spend about £50. I have tiny ears - the UEs were always the only ones that would fit - and listen to a wide range of music (mostly vocal or classical), so I like my EQ detailed and crisp with not too much bass. If possible, I'd like to stick to my existing single silicone tips, since I have a latex allergy and a load of spares (I lose them a lot. . .).

What would you recommend?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

These would work as a short term solution, they are really quite nice at this price so a friend or relation would probably be very pleased to have them when you choose a new pair of IEMs to fall in love with.

SoundMAGIC E30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black (E 30)
    £40.00

Not as warm as the award winning E10, these are a little more focussed.

3. alijules

alijules New Member

Thanks for the great advice

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent advice - I ordered the SoundMagic E30s yesterday; they came this morning and not only do they fit my tiny ears perfectly, the sound is every bit as good as my old set.

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Really glad you like them, they have had their thunder stolen by the bassier E10 but I think quite a few Hifi enthusiasts would prefer these:)