Review: T-PEOS D-200 Budget IEM

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by randomkid, Feb 7, 2013.

1. randomkid

randomkid New Member

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Don't mean to be off topic, but what didn't you like about the HP200 you purchased a few months ago?

3. quadpatch

quadpatch New Member

I'm very curious about this too. You got it a long time before anyone else and then sold it. Was this a full production model?

4. randomkid

randomkid New Member

i loved the HP200, but had no use for them, i mainly listen on the go, and i needed the funds.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Other than the professional reviews you do, how do your own listening habits influence your reviews? Do you give preference to earphones that accentuate parts of the spectrum, to help overcome the effects of environmental noise (especially low freq's) that make the earphones' bass less effective? Do you have any personal preferences for sound and gear? I tend to skim over pro reviews pretty quickly, to see how personal preferences influence reviews for persons reviewing items they obtain for their own use.

6. randomkid

randomkid New Member

i look for a balanced, detailed sound, that is my preference. I dislike big boomy bass most of the time, except for some iems which help overcome background noise like you say, and i look for well detailed treble as that seems to be the hardest thing to reproduce.

I obviously have some personal bias, but i put a list of songs i use at the bottom of my reviews, and also i have written some bad reviews (i have never been impressed with sony's products.

7. randomkid

randomkid New Member

Also let me know your opinion on my reviews, i use customs iems most of the time, as i'm a college student, but i do review open back full size and only use them in appropriate enviroments, like at home where there is no noise, i think i test headphones in the enviroment they were designed to be used in most of the time.