Running headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by bazl, Jul 19, 2011.

1. bazl

bazl New Member

OK, I've been browsing around looking for running headphones and am more confused than when I started! There are so many different type of headphones and it's not really clear to me if one if better than the other for running.

I'm looking for running headphones that will seal out external noise (I run mostly in the gym). I don't get on with the standard iPod headphones - they fall out of my ears when I run.

I'd like to spend no more than £50, but am flexible for the right headphone. Any suggestions?

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Bazl

You need a pair of In Ear Monitors (IEMs) with an over ear cable fit. Wearing the cable over the top of the ear and securing the cable with a toggle at the back of the head is the over ear fit or the Pro fit. This is how Musicians, Racing Drivers, Security and TV presenters wear their monitors, it is a secure and comfortable way to keep small earphones in place even during quite extreme activity.

This is a superb sounding IEM with this Pro fit so your headphones will not fall out again. Sound wise these laugh in the face of apple ear buds, a really decent step up!:)

SoundMAGIC E30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black
    £40.00