SA6 Wireless accessory?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by BloodSugar00, Oct 12, 2008.

1. BloodSugar00

BloodSugar00 New Member

Are hi-fiheadphones.com getting this in stock? If so, when?

Regards,

Steve

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Sleek Audio W-1 wireless for SA6

Yes, we have put up the product page for the Sleek Audio W-1 Wireless adapter online already.

We are expecting stock of the W-1 wireless add-on for the Sleek Audio SA6 ready for the UK launch on Monday 20th 2008 (next week).

3. BloodSugar00

BloodSugar00 New Member

Excellent (I was looking in wrong places for ie not under wireless headphones category)! Thanks for the speedy response.:cool: Unfortunately, theres beeen some initial negative observations of the wirelless adaptor over at Head-fi.org- reports of disruptive high frequency noise/feedback, indeependent to expectant white noise- however, I have my eyes on this still so it's great to know a solid and respectable UK vendor is behind it!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. Shaun-HiFi

Sleek Audio W-1 wireless for SA6

We've finally taken delivery of the Sleek Audio W-1 Wireless adapter for the SA6.

Yes, I read that post from the guy in California who was having some problems with getting the W-1 transmitter and receiver to pair correctly. It does seem to be isolated case.

I've been using my SA6 with a W-1 wireless adapter around the office and it works great! The sound quality is definitely as good as with wires, and the bass response is a little more present. You can tell the earphones are being driven a little harder than plugged into my iPod headphone output.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  5. Shaun-HiFi

Sleek Audio SA6 & W-1 wireless previewed on CNET

It seems Nate Lanxon at CNET.co.uk rather likes the Sleek Audio SA6 and W-1 combination - see his preview of the Sleek Audio SA6 & W-1.

Nate also mentioned a slight background noise. I have detected a slight background hiss during quiet passages, but I wouldn't call it a buzzing noise. It's VERY distant. When music is playing you simply can't hear it.

In my opinion if you compare the wireless Sleek Audio SA6/W-1 with a Sennheiser RS130 RF wireless headphone (considered to be a good wireless headphones) the SA6's Kleer digital wireless technology simply blows old analogue RF wireless technology out of the water!