Sennheiser CX300-II or Klipsch Image S2?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by sunnybacon, Nov 23, 2010.

1. sunnybacon

sunnybacon New Member

Hi there,
    I'm completely baffled as to which headphones I should buy. I've narrowed it down to either the Klipsch Image S2 or the Sennheiser CX300-II (the CX400-II is out of my ideal price range).
    I've seen mostly positive reviews on the Klipsch and I was ready to buy it but then I saw that whathifi.com only gave it 2/5, which put me off. They give the CX300-II 5/5, quoting it as one of their "best buys".

What is the sound like compared between these two earphones, and which one should I go for? I know it's very subjective, but any help would be appreciated. I mostly listen to drum 'n' bass, dubstep, hip-hop/rap, but also other music such as rock, R&B, soul.

Thank you very much for any advice :)
    Sorry for the long post :p
    Sunny

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Sunny

You're definitely in the right ballpark and it is also about the subjective feelings of the listener. Here though I'm going with whathifi.com, very few sub £40 headphones actually impress (most really suck) so at this price point it is definitely best to go with a strong recommendation. With your taste in music you are also lucky here - the best you will get out of a sub £40 headphone is generous helpings of bass and reasonably clean mids and tops. At this price it simply is not possible to have a complex Dynamic driver and you will not find any Balanced Armature technology.

Kudos to these competition crushing sub £40 in ears, bass heavy and beautiful -

SoundMAGIC PL11 In-Ear Isolating Earphones in Gunmetal (PL 11)
    £19.95

Sennheiser CX300-II Precision Headphones Black (CX 300-II)
    £29.95

AiAiAi Pipe In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones CMYK
    £34.95

SoundMAGIC PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black
    £34.95

3. sunnybacon

sunnybacon New Member

Hi Robin,
    Thanks very much...after more consideration I've decided I'll go for the CX-300II's.
    Once again, thanks :)

Sunny