Sennheiser CX300-II Vs SoundMAGIC PL11

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Mensy, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Mensy

Mensy New Member

Hi guys and experts :D

I have just recently buried my Sennheiser CX300-II as my left earbud stopped working :( now i loved my CX300 II's so was just going to buy another pair but out of curiosity started looking at others as well and now im toying between the above or another pair.

Is soundmagic worth ago or maybe another pair im missing out on ? my price bracket is around the price of the 2 mention as i cannot afford those high end stuff yet ha

Thanx for your time :)

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

3. Mensy

Mensy New Member

Thanx for the reply, what hifi give both the sound magic ear phones a 4 star but give the cx300 II,s a 5 star so dunno if it's gonna be an improvement on what I owned or not :( tough one, just wish I could listen to them before I purchase but for hygiene reason I obviously carnt :(

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

What Hi Fi have consistently given the CX300II 5 stars despite the fact that several earphones in the same price category definitely sound better (to me). Although there is a large amount of personal and subjective thinking behind opinions on headphones with these two head to head there is a bit more detail in the SoundMAGICs their bass feels better textured and more even - they are very similar, if you like one you would like the other. The Sennheisers do have 2 years Warranty but to me SoundMAGIC have made a lot more effort at this price point.

They are both good so I don't think you can technically lose whichever you go for :)