Sennheiser : HD 380 Pro vs. HD 595... for music producing purposes

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by xerxeeees, Aug 20, 2013.

1. xerxeeees

xerxeeees New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Hello dear humans.

Im a filthy noob when it comes to this, but ive gotten into producing music and i desperately need some new headphones for my new hobby..

My friend owns a pair of HD 595's and is willing to sell them to me for 150$, and he also works in a place where they carry the 380's for the same price... ive tried reading up on some reviews and i just keep changing my mind all the time, which is why i seek your help...

Basically i want some great headphones where the sound is as professional as possible so my mixes will sound balanced and accurate on all listening devices. Bass is important to me but i dont want exaggerated bass because that will screw up my mixes.. can anyone help me decide ?
    If you need any additional information just let me know, this is my first post here !

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    Both headphones are good, but the 380 would be better for monitoring.
  3. southak

southak New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    This. The HD 595 are superb home audio headphones but in terms of sound moinitoring the 380 PRO's have a very flat response and are closed back - perfect for sound monitoring.

If you are after dual-use headphones (suiotable for audio and monitoring) then thge best choice is Sennhesier HD 25. They sound amazing with everything from ipods and ipads to high-end DACs and CD players, and also have superb sound isolation, are ruggedly built and have a fairly flat response. Great headphones.
  4. enjoyheadphone

enjoyheadphone New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Both models are good, but I prefer the 380.